Monday, February 3, 2014

Meet My Friend Laura

Laura and Stephanie.
We are cool, and we know it.
This is my friend, Laura, and I. We met in college because we were both studying Japanese together. She is so smart, and I would always ask her for help with our homework. Both of our lives seem to revolve around Japan. Finally, even though she lives in Tokyo, we are both living in Japan at the same time! I got to visit her up in Tokyo last summer. Unfortunately, she came to Osaka while I was back in America for Christmas (which by the way, this post is a little out of order…the timing of this post is between my Christmas vacation post and my Hokkaido one). However, it worked out to where one of our days overlapped. So I got to have a nice little night out and sleepover with my friend. J


One bonus about our friendship is that neither of us eats meat. So when we go out to eat, it’s always really nice. She is good at finding places that have vegetarian options. We went to this shabu shabu chain that has a yasai tabehoudai course (all you can eat vegetables). We used soy milk as our broth. It was so nice! After, we got frozen yogurt. What a short but sweet little visit. Can’t wait to see her again!

Yasai tabehoudai.
Perfect winter dinner. :)

1 comment:

  1. It is always so nice to meet up with friends that are also staying in Japan, I actually also just posted about me hanging out with one of my friends who lives in Gunma ^-^

    ReplyDelete