Monday, March 17, 2014

The Lockup

We have a few themed restaurants in America like Rainforest Café for example, but I think Japan wins for weirdest themed restaurants. I’ve heard of princess themed restaurants in Japan, but I think “The Lockup” might be even stranger (I shouldn’t make assumptions before I’ve been to a princess restaurant though). The Lockup is a prison/haunted house themed restaurant. There are a few of them in Japan. I went to the one in Tennoji with a big group of girls. It was fun!

When you walk in, you are gathered into a little room where they turn off all the lights and make scary noises. There are props everywhere like skeletons and gross stuff. They bring you to your table after handcuffing a few of you (the workers are in police uniforms). When you get to your table, they close you in with iron bars that make it seem like you are in prison. All the food and drinks are shaped like creepy things. I can’t say that the food was anything special besides the appearance, but I thought the themed drinks were pretty tasty. Every hour or so, the restaurant goes dark (except for black lights), loud music starts playing, and people dressed in monster costumes burst into you room/nook and mess with you. It’s ridiculously silly and not scary, but it’s amusing.

You inject the liquor into your drink lol.
DNA drink.
Alcoholic chemistry set?
Jesus pizza.
This crazy gorilla apparently was cold so he
needed a scarf.
A monster entering our dungeon.
It was cool experiencing a themed restaurant in Japan for the first time, and I got to meet a lot of cool new people. I recommend going with a smaller group though (like 4 people) because when there are too many, they don’t get your drinks to you in a timely manner, if at all. Also, splitting the bill gets confusing.

Cool group of gals.
Anyway, if you are looking for something interesting and new, why don’t you try going! There’s one in Umeda as well, I believe.

4 comments:

  1. Been wanting to go to this for a while and forgot about it till recently! I really just want the injection drinks xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! The injection drinks were really good! I think the drinks were the best part about the the Lockup. They weren't particularly strong (except for the one drink that had spyritus in it), but they tasted so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had of gone last time in Japan. I will have to go this next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Malice! Thanks for your comment. You seem like a cool gal, so I started following your blog. :) When and why did you come to Japan??

      Delete