Thursday, June 20, 2013

Japanese Ghosts and Eerie Creatures.

One of the more famous works I got from Google. "Mitsukini Defying the Skeleton" by Utagawa Kuniyoshi.
 A few weeks ago, a group of us (JETs) went to probably the coolest art exhibit I’ve ever been to in my life. It was called “Japanese Ghosts and Eerie Creatures.” It was a special exhibit at the Osaka Museum of History. I had taken a class about the East Asian supernatural folklore when I was in college which really sparked my interest in the subject. The exhibit was a few rooms big and organized by type of supernatural being.  For me, the creepiest were the pictures of ghosts (holding severed heads). Anyway, although I couldn't really afford it, I went ahead and bought the exhibit art book because it was so awesome.

After the museum, we went to a place called Slices for dinner in Amemura. I had never been there. I wish I would've known about it early because it was sooooo good! It’s a Canadian restaurant that sells all sorts of stuff (mainly pizza) like calzones, poutine, wraps, milkshakes, and delicious appetizers.  I got a veggie calzone and jalapeno mozzarella sticks. Andrew and I split a Reese’s milkshake for dessert. *drools* After dinner, we hung around Triangle park, people watching, until a few of us went to L&L for some drinks.  A perfect little day. 

At the museum.
I liked this one in particular. A cat person haha!
I also got this from Google.
Japanese Monster Nekomata from Hyakkai Zukan -
 Illustrated Catalog of 100 Monsters.
Slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment