Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fall Illumination

As I was going back through all my previous posts, editing them and adding pictures, I realized that I never wrote anything about the fall illumination I went to. Fall illuminations take place a various temples and shrines in Japan. Some temples and shrines will be open to the public after dark during the fall. Bright spotlights are shined on the colorful trees. They are illuminated in the darkness, and it’s very beautiful. It’s like the trees are ablaze! This was something I had wanted to do since I learned about it. Since it’s now summer again in Japan, hopefully this post will come as a nice escape from the heat.

I went to Kyoto for the day with my friend Marielle (unfortunately, she isn’t in Japan anymore). We went in order to see the fall foliage. It was raining almost the entire day, and it was a little chilly. However, we still had fun. We went out for lunch at an Italian buffet that had been recommended to us. It was good!  It was Marielle’s first time in Kyoto, so we hit up some of the major sights.We went to Kiyomizu-dera. Afterwards we went to Kinkakuji. We got there right before it closed! It was finally dark, so we made our way to Eikandou to see the fall illumination. Eikandou has a reputation for being a good place to see a fall illumination, and it did not disappoint! By the time we got there, the rain had let up, too!

Fall is my favorite season. So for me, this was right up my alley. I can’t wait to go again next fall! Please enjoy some pictures! 

Marielle.
Me.
I was so happy!
So pretty!
This was like the grand finale.
Me being a dorky narrator. Anyway, it's cool
to see the trees in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment