Thursday, July 18, 2013

Clubbing

I wasn’t that much of a party person in college, but I enjoyed dancing every now and then. It wasn’t until I came to Japan that I could really indulge in that interest. Osaka is a huge city with many dance clubs. The more I go, the more and more I’ve come to love them.

It seems like dance clubs get a bad rep and for good reasons! Half of the men there are trying to get with girls, and many girls play right into it. It can be very dangerous! If you set boundaries for yourself and go with a group of people, however, I think it’s totally fine! I’ll be honest, I’ve broken boundaries before and have drunk too much, but once you make that mistake once, you never want to go there again.

I’ve never been a particularly good dancer, but once a have a few drinks in me, I don’t seem to care about that anymore (the magic of alcohol)! Something about dancing makes me feel happy and confident…even when I’m sober (I can just dance a lot longer and enjoy myself more when I’m drinking). I love hard electronic/dance music. There’s nothings that makes me feel more alive currently then dancing with friends to bass pounding music. I feel connected with everyone in the club. Some people go to clubs to hook up, but my sole intention is to listen to good music and dance my face off!

Recently, I went to a new club called Club Jaws. I went with a group of friends after fueling up at torikizoku, and ended up staying all night! It was a really fun place! Yes, there were creepers, and yes, someone grabbed my butt, but since I was with friends, I felt safe, and Nari-chan told off the guy who touched my butt haha! Thank you! Good thing I’m there just to have a good time otherwise maybe I’d be mad lol!


The neat thing about Jaws was that if you signed up for their email and showed it at the entrance, it was I think free for ladies and only 500 yen for men to get in. Best of all (or worst of all if you are weak haha), the drinks are completely free until midnight for women! WHA?!? We got there at like 9:00 or 9:30 haha! Needless to say, I took advantage of that! My guy friends kept asking me to get them drinks. :P Good thing I’m nice! Here are some pictures from the night:

Getting pumped up before the club at Torikizoku.
I think we were in the right mindset!
We were the first ones there to get the party started. By
12 am, the place was packed!
I've been to several different clubs in Osaka: Pure, Owl, Bambi, Live and Bar 11 Onzieme, Club Jaws, Giraffe, Club Joule, Circus, Sam & Daves (Bar One), Azure, Club Wax, and Ammona. Let me know if you are looking for any recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment