Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Halloween Party Round 1


On October 12th, my friends and I celebrated an early Halloween. One of our friends is traveling during the main Halloween weekend and doesn’t want to miss out, so we figured why not celebrate twice?! Best idea ever in my opinion!

On the 12th, we met up at Balabushka, all in costumes. We got some funny looks, but I didn’t really care haha! Balabushka is already decorated for Halloween which made me feel festive. Basically we just chilled, drank, and pulled shenanigans while we were there. I didn’t remember this until my friend posted a video, but we all started dancing randomly to a song while we were there…Haha! The guys really got into character and were attacking each other. I bought a round of shots for everyone for the first time. It made me feel so cool! :P

The girls.
Who would like a round of shots? ;)
Group photo!
We all just started randomly dancing one by one haha!

Our main plan was to go to Giraffe (a really popular dance club in Osaka that I hadn’t been to yet) for their Halloween event that is taking place during the month of October. Also, since we were all planning to go to Universal Studios together the next day (in the morning), we agreed not to stay out all night. So, we got their pretty early at like 9:30. It was already full of people! If you wore a costume, it was really cheap to get in. It was only 600 yen for girls to get in if you were wearing a costume, and it was nomihoudai (all you can drink)! WOW! The music was really good, and we were all having a blast dancing! It seriously was SO MUCH FUN! I remember looking at my phone to check the time, and my last train was already finished…oops. I think we were all having so much fun that we just didn’t care. However, for whatever reason, once we realized we missed our last trains, we decided to leave, which in my opinion was counterproductive since we would be staying out all night. I asked my friend the next day why we decided to leave so early (like at midnight or 1:00 am), and she didn’t know either haha! I guess we were all a little out of it. Anyway, Giraffe was great!

We decided to go do karaoke for the rest of the night. I don’t know where we went, but it was surprisingly super cheap! I had the most fun I’ve ever had doing karaoke. We had our own little dance party at one point in the karaoke room. Some of my friends have the same taste in music as me, so we sang a lot of rock and metal songs together. It was AWESOME!!!


Every day we're shufflin'!

In the morning, we made our ways back home. We decided to meet at Universal Studios at 3:00pm rather than 10:00am like we originally planned. It worked out nicely because the tickets were cheaper from 3:00pm. The reason we wanted to go to USJ (Universal Studios Japan) was because of the “Surprise Halloween” event. Basically, at night, zombies come out and scare you! It was so entertaining! I thought I would be scared, but actually I just thought the zombies were really cool. Some of my friends were scared, and I enjoyed making them jump by sneaking up behind them and grabbing them. >:-) Everyone’s reactions were really great!

Zombies eating someone! :O
Zombies dancing to "Thriller."
So, this past weekend was perfect!  I feel totally in the Halloween spirit now! I definitely don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything this year! I’m loving life in Japan. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment