Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Party Round 2

So, last weekend was round two of the Halloween parties. This was the main night everyone goes out on. Every year, Osaka AJET puts on a Halloween party, and it’s my favorite event of the year! This year’s venue was awesome! They really did a good job! I’ll give you a breakdown of how the night went.
My friends and I met around 8 pm downtown. First we went to Balabushka just to get our hands stamped so we could enter later. I remember it being extremely crowded on Halloween last year, so this year we wanted to get our hands stamped in advance in case it got so busy later that they stopped letting people in. We of course had out first round of drinks there. We left right after.

Kohei the clown pouring our first round.
Next we headed to the AJET party. It was inside an abandoned wooden building that is available for renting for various events. The place was at least double the size of last year’s venue. There were two DJ booths. I was super excited because Andrew would be DJ-ing! It was my first time to see/hear him DJ, and he ended up being awesome! When we first arrived, we got more drinks and started mingling. It wasn’t too busy yet. My JET and non-JET friends know each other for the most part, so there was a lot of hellos and chatting at first. It had been a while since I went to a JET event, so I was really happy to see everyone. Once Andrew started DJ-ing at 9:30, I danced a lot. It was so much fun (as usual haha)! My friends that I came with didn’t pay for all-night wristbands , so at 10:30, they left for Balabushka, but I stayed for a bit longer until 12:00-ish. I just danced and hung out with everyone more. It was great!

Aimee and I!
Andrew DJ-ing. :D
JET and non-JET friends mingling. <3
My favorite picture from the night.
When I was ready to go to Balabushka, I grabbed my JET friends who were also planning on going, and we made a pit stop at the Family Mart in Triangle Park. For those who have been in Osaka on Halloween, you know that the place to be is Triangle Park in American Village. The streets are so crowded with people in costumes enjoying the Halloween festivities everywhere that you can hardly move! We chilled there a bit and ate our snacks.  When it was time to move on, my three friends I was with realized that their belongings were still at the JET party, so they told me to go ahead to Balabushka while they went back.

Triangle Park.
Family Mart break.
When I got to Balabushka, I found my friends from before. Balabushka was really busy! I had had enough drinks for the night, so I stopped drinking when I got to Balabushka. I can’t say that for all of my friends, though. Akira was super drunk haha! Basically, while I was there, I just chilled out and talked with people and danced a little bit. The highlight of my night was at Balabushka. There was this buff, middle-aged, Japanese man that was talking to me and hitting on me (I never attract cute boys my age...I always get the weird ones lol). Anyway, I was just chatting with him because why not? when Guns and Roses started playing. At that moment, he took my hand, kissed it, and then pointed at his crotch and said, “Welcome to the jungle!” I couldn’t even be weirded out because it was such a random and hilarious experience. I just laughed at him, and we proceeded to arm wrestle. I of course lost because he was super strong, but he told me that I had a lot of power compared to most women. I don’t know if he was serious or not, but whatever. It was an interesting experience. Around 4:00 am, after Akira and Hiro had a dance contest that I’m pretty sure Akira has no recollection of, we decided to leave because Akira was like falling over.

Balabushka.
Havin' fun!
Hiro: dominated Akira in a dance contest. :P
Hiro dancing. :)

Winner of the Balabushka costume contest: Lone Ranger.
We decided to go do karaoke for an hour until first train. It was short but sweet. We got some yummy food while we sang (takoyaki, French fries, and pizza). Shinya and I sang “In the End” by Linkin Park together, and I thought we sounded awesome haha! The best part was when we heard Kentaro sang for the first time. He sang “Dragostea Din Tei” by O-zone. If you know Kentaro, then you know how goofy he is and how well that song fits his personality. We were all cracking up because when he started singing (in whatever language that song is in), he had a really deep, nice voice and was really serious about singing it well. You had to be there…

Karaoke afterwards: the girls.
Karaoke afterwards: the boys.
Kentaro singing!

Afterwards, we parted ways and went home. By the way, my friends from before who went back to get their stuff, they ended up showing up at Balabushka later like they said except one of them (the new JET in my town who I’m good friends with) because he was sleeping in the street! >_< Apparently he wanted to be left alone which I can understand. That’s a rare occurrence for him! I think Halloween brings out the devil in everyone. However, since I had a hair appointment and I was meeting my friend for dinner the next day, I made sure not to overdo it. In fact, when I got home in the morning, I wasn’t even that tired! That was a first for me! I picked up my apartment a bit, took a shower, and went to bed around 7:30 am. It was a successful Halloween! I can’t wait for next year!

*I'm still waiting for friends to upload their pictures on Facebook, so I'll probably add more pictures to this most eventually. I know there were some good ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment