Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

Last year my Thanksgiving was a sad story. I stayed home and attempted to make some Thanksgiving food. I remember sitting down to eat and feeling so alone.

This year, I was a little more proactive. Tin’s Hall is a bar that is well known among JET’s and other foreigners in Japan. Every year they serve a Thanksgiving meal that is basically as legit as it can be for Japan. I had heard about it last year, but I didn’t make it out. This year a few of my friends wanted to go, so we went together. We actually went on the Friday after Thanksgiving (they serve it both days) because we all had work on Thursday. The way I thought of it was that it was technically Thanksgiving in America on Friday in Japan!

We each ordered the Thanksgiving meal. There was turkey (I ate a little of the white meat, but gave the rest to my friends since I don’t each meat that much), mashed potatoes, stuffing, a roll, broccoli and cauliflower, and cranberry sauce. It tasted good, but it came at a price (1,700 yen). Pumpkin pie was 500 yen per piece. Luckily Ken wanted to share his with me haha!

Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers!
Pretty legit!
After (and during) eating, we drank merrily. I downed a lot of red wine. Ken, as always, got crazy, started dancing, and took his shirt off… ^^; When Yuki showed up a little later, we took tequila shots. I found out that the DJ and I went to the same university, so that was exciting! We just basically romped around the bar until last train. I was quite drunk when I left.  Usually I stay out all night and slowly wind down, but I hopped on the last train with my head swimming. Between the wine and the motion of the train, I began to feel sick and got off the train a few stops away from my station. Since it was the last train, I had no choice but to take a taxi the rest of the way home. That was a first for me and completely unexpected. I have been kind of under the weather lately, so perhaps that’s why the alcohol affected me more than usual. Anyway, 10 minutes and 2,300 yen later, I was home. I slept in the next day. Overall, good Thanksgiving! :P

Ken dancing with the DJ who went to my university.
Of course I have to add the video of him dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment