Monday, February 9, 2015

Pair Rings

Shinya did something very nice for me recently. He bought us pair rings! Actually, I’m going to help pay for about half of the cost, just not all at once because I’m poor haha. He said I don’t have to, but I feel like it’s something we should buy together. It’s just my belief.

I had never even thought of pair rings before, but buying them was something he mentioned doing in the beginning of our relationship. I thought it was a nice idea. However it didn’t come up for a while after he mentioned it. I thought he forgot about buying them, but it turns out that he was just waiting until it felt more appropriate. He said he wanted to get them before I go home to America in May I think as a way to feel more connected when we are apart. We went to look at them the other day with no plan to buy them on that day, but we got too excited and ended up buying them right away haha.
We have both had past relationships, but this was the first time for both of us to have pair rings. They aren’t the same as in America where you have “promise rings” which mean you are going to get married. My friend told me that Japan took that idea and changed it a little to basically mean that if you wear rings on your right hand, it simply means you are with someone and not available.

There are all sort of different pair rings. Some you can get engraved with your names, some are just simply matching, some have sayings or stones on them, etc. We liked the ones where if you put them next to each other, they form a shape, in our case, a heart. Since mine is the girl one, it has two white stones and one pink inside the half of the heart while Shinya’s is just plain silver with and engraving of half a heart. Since he can’t wear a ring on his finger at work because he works with machines, he got a chain to go with his ring so he can wear it around his neck. It wasn’t until after we got the rings that my coworker mentioned that a lot of couples will get rings with the birthstone color of the month they started dating which I think is such a cute idea. Oh well, I’m still happy with mine.

Our rings. :)
They make a heart! <3

Wearing the ring on my finger every day feels so nice. I look at it and think of him. It makes me feel connected to him, and I’m proud to wear it. Maybe the excitement of the ring will wear off, but I hope the feelings I feel towards him when I look at it don’t change. J

6 comments:

  1. omg so cute! i wasn't really found of pair rings too much until I read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina! And I'm sure you've already guessed that you are the friend who told me about pair vs promise rings. :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely like this engagement rings. It is elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, just wanting to know where you got these from

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I got them from a small jewelry store inside HEP 5 mall in Osaka. I don’t know if that particular store is still exists, but I’m sure there are stores in that mall that sell them if you look around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I got them from a small jewelry store inside HEP 5 mall in Osaka. I don’t know if that particular store is still exists, but I’m sure there are stores in that mall that sell them if you look around!

    ReplyDelete