Friday, September 9, 2016

Art Aquarium

I don’t often go to art museums or exhibitions, but once in a while there is something that catches my attention. My first year in JET I went to one of my favorite art exhibits to this day which was the temporary exhibit of Japanese ghosts, monsters, etc. It’s now long gone, but I still have the book of art that I bought there. I’m so glad I did!

The next thing that caught my eye was a goldfish art exhibition called “Art Aquarium.” I found out about it through my friend. Apparently it takes place every summer in the Nakanoshima area of Osaka. However, it was my first time to hear of it. I think it was around ¥1,200 give or take a few. Basically, it’s an art show displaying the beauty of different kinds of goldfish through using live fish, lights, interestingly shaped tanks, and music. Instead of me describing it, how about checking out these pictures?












My only complaint is how busy and full of people it was. Everyone I talked to who went said that it doesn’t matter the time of day, it’s always busy. The exhibit itself isn’t that big, so I guess it’s to be expected. However, I do recommend checking it out because it really was cool and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment