Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Merry Little Christmas

Since I spent Christmas in America this year (interesting blog post to follow), Shinya and I decided to have our celebration together the weekend before, on December 19th. Our party together this year was similar to last year in that I cooked at home and we ordered cake and exchanged presents, but this year was a little more “level up” in my opinion.

I made sure to have my house spotless and well decorated for Christmas with lights, presents under the tree, and a pine scented candle. I also made a Christmas playlist on iTunes to play while we enjoyed dinner and opening gifts. I picked up the pre-ordered Christmas cake and went grocery shopping in the afternoon. Afterwards, I showered and got all cute (painted my nails and everything lol). I started cooking and setting the table an hour before Shinya was supposed to come.

On the menu was salad, garlic toast with slow-cooked garlic cloves that became so soft you could spread them like butter on the bread, clams in a wine/butter/lemon sauce (I felt kind of bad because the clams were live when I cooked them), and spaghetti in a vodka sauce with shrimp, scallops, spinach, and mushrooms. The food turned out pretty dang delicious if I do say so myself lol.


Shinya came over at about 7:45, and I had dinner on the table by 8. We toasted with wine and beer, and wished each other a merry Christmas. After dinner, it was time to exchange presents. I was so excited lol! I was bouncing up and down shouting, “PRESENTS! PRESENTS!” Haha! Shinya got me a really cute and fashionable makeup bag with a Mickey Mouse pattern on it because he knows I like Disney. The pattern is really cool. I got him sweater, scarf, and hookah pen set. I don’t know if I was more excited to give or receive!



After relaxing and letting our bellies settle a little, we got out the cake and champagne. Shinya searched for and bought us a really nice (and rather large) bottle for our party together. After toasting again and blowing out our Christmas candles, we put in the Christmas move Shinya rented for us. He rented “The Santa Clause” with Tim Allen at my request. It was his first time to see it, and I hadn’t seen it in years, so it was really fun. Shinya ate his whole half of the cake while watching haha, and we took turns pouring each other the champagne until it was all gone. Needless to say, after the movie finished, we passed out on the couch together, sleepy from the champagne. I woke up a little after, tidied up, and woke Shinya up so we could brush our teeth and get into bed. It was a cozy, fun little Christmas together.


Poppin' champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment