Sunday, December 13, 2015

My 26th Birthday

Thinking back on it now, 25 went by very quickly. Kind of scary. Year 26, I wonder what it has in store for me. I hope for few worries and fun times…and to win the jackpot lol. I haven’t thought too much about my goals for this year, but maybe I should at least spend a few minutes thinking about what I’d like to happen. Even slightly outlining your goals can improve your attitude towards life, I think. I’ve been struggling mentally a lot the past few months…I have a long post about that just sitting, waiting to be uploaded, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. Maybe I will sometime. ^^; So anyway, I’m hoping I can change my mindset and start this new year with a lighter heart and mind.

Let me tell you about my birthday! It was so nice! Lucky me, my birthday was on a Saturday this year. I spent the Friday before having a chill get together with a few close friends. We went to this Italian Pizzeria in Namba which was really tasty. My friends gave me gifts and cake. Then we went to the large branch of the HUB (British pub chain) for some drinks after. I had to get up early the next day for my tea ceremony class, so I went home by last train.



Thanks guys!
On my actually birthday, I had a birthday date with my boyfriend. He surprised me by taking me to this really nice Hokkaido Seafood izakaya called Kanamaru Noen (金丸農園). It was absolutely delicious! We ate so much. My favorite thing was probably the seafood cooked in garlic oil (ajillo in Spanish). You can order a baguette with it so you can dip it in the remaining garlic oil. Sooo good! I also loved the fried oysters. Shinya got some raw. We got other things too like sashimi, scallops, bagna càuda, shrimp, and yummy drinks (I had sparkling wine and sangria).

Warm, boiled shrimp with a yummy dipping sauce.
Bagna càuda.
Raw oysters
Half eaten sashimi lol.
Scallops cooled in butter and soy sauce.
Fried oysters.
Seafood cooked in garlic oil, still hot anf bubbling.
After dinner, he took me to our special bar in Kyobashi called Wisteria. We always go here for special occasions. It’s intimate, classy, and the Moscow mules are to die for. He gave me my gift here, a pendant necklace with my initial. I like how depending on my outfit, the necklace can look, pretty, cute, or cool! I’m acquiring quite the little jewelry collection from Shinya; first earrings, next a ring, and now a necklace! I made a joke by saying I already know my present for next year: a bracelet haha!

My necklace.
Wearing it.
We ended the night by going to my favorite bar in the world, White & Cigar, 5 minutes from my house. Of course, the bartender treated me to one drink which I appreciated. I swear that place feels like home to me. It was such a nice way to end the night. We stayed till close.

Such a happy night.

Thanks for a wonderful birthday!
To my request, Shinya agreed to stay the night, so I could sleep peacefully by his side. One of my best nights of sleep in a while. Honestly, I have no complaints. What a perfect birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment